Donor questions

Can I get a tax-exemption receipt for my donation?

Donors are required to submit their IC/Passport number and Full Address to request a tax-exemption receipt. This information is required to comply with the revised Guidelines for Approval of Director General of Inland Revenue under Subsection 44(6) of the Income Tax Act dated 15 May 2019 (“Revised Guidelines”). Please take note of Incitement’s Term of Use, section 4.1 Tax Exemption to understand your rights with regards to issuing tax-receipts to donors.

How to request a tax-exemption receipt

Some organisations are eligible to provide tax-exemption receipts. Here’s how you can get a tax-exemption receipt for your donation:

1. Request a tax-exemption receipt

  • When you make a donation, toggle the button before you make a payment to indicate that you would like to receive a tax-exemption receipt
  • You will be required to provide your IC/Passport number and full address
  • The project creator will be notified of your request

how to request tax exemption receipt on incitement

2. Download your tax-exemption receipt

  • You will be notified via email when your tax-receipt is ready
  • The charity will issue your tax-exemption receipt within sixty (60) days of your donation
  • Log into Incitement using desktop and click your Profile Icon
  • Click ‘My contributions’ and click the tax-receipt icon to download your tax-exemption receipt

3. Requesting a change to your tax-exemption receipt

It could happen that your information on the tax-exemption receipt is incorrect. If this is the case, please take the following steps:

  • Log into Incitement and navigate to the project you donated to
  • Go to Profile Icon > My contributions and click on the name of the project
  • Click ‘Send message’ and let the project creator know what changes you require
Related Articles
Post a Comment